Yes, the first version of the PERKS is finally here! To get to the heart of the matter, here is a screenshot showing the menu displayed in-game.
In the display order, here is a description of the available perks:
- Blinder: able to fire a flashbang
- Invisible: able to turn oneself invisible for a short lapse of time
- Gas: able to fire a corrosive gas grenade
- Teleporter: able to teleport oneself using a modified flash rifle
- Freon: able to fire a squall of freon grenades
- Healer: able to heal with its regeneration sphere and a modified plasma gun
- Shield: able to generate a protective sphere around oneself for a limited time
- Slo-mo: able to fire a grenade slowing down everything within its range
- X-Ray: able to see through the wall for a limited time
- Smoker: able to fire a smoke grenade
Those perks are available depending on three sizes:
- Small-sized robot
- Max health: 150HP
- Base speed: 1000
- Medium-sized robot (similar to the one used for the game modes without the perks)
- Max health: 175HP
- Base speed: 950
- Large-sized robot
- Max health: 200HP
- Base speed: 910
Keep in mind that the power of dodges, wall-dodges, and bounces is also affected. So, for example, a standard robot will not be able to catch up to a runner with the same running path.
Depending on the selected size, several respawn delays are available. Once the time is selected, you can adjust your cash and stamina gauges. The longer the delay, the more your cash and stamina gauges will be filled.
With the cash, you will be able to customize your inventory. Do you want a rocket launcher? OK guys, it will be 200₿. Would you like to respawn with more HP? Well, just make your choice.
Please note that the perks system is currently only available for CTF game mode. These are the beginnings of the gameplay we want to incorporate in the game. Our wish is to make this mode more balanced and tactical than a “normal weapons” mode. So major changes will occur such as the removal of some perks, the creation of new ones, the introduction of items and tactical areas, and we are not afraid to completely review the concept. It’s only the beginning!
Message from Dev_Jerem about this game mode:
Let’s see if it works. After all those years developing Master Arena, it’s finally time for the perks! It’s a real pleasure to code this part. I just hope I’m not doing anything wrong. 🙂