Damage given

Haven't found specific forums? Post your suggestions right here.
ShX

Damage given

Post by ShX » Dec 10th, 2017, 11:13 am

I liked a lot the idea of showing the damage we give to the opponents. However, this idea isn't as precise as it is in - for example - Quake Champions, where it follows the damages all the time per each milisecond and constantly. The issue is that the damage given is not shown all the time, but once per a second I suppose. Would be cool if that would track our damage given all the time.

Also, there is a weird issue which I experienced many times. Sometimes this damage counter shows the result of one bullet/projectile instead of a whole damage received by one shot from the weapon. Great example here is a Shotgun - I gave a player 4 shots with it and what I received each time after hitting him, was 6 damage at each shot. 4 x 6 = 24, which makes it impossible to kill player that has just spawned.

What is more, would be awesome if the damage given would be shown once we kill the enemy. Right now, whenever an opponent is killed, he just dies with no "deadly" damage shown.
Master Arena Community Manager

Jerem

Re: Damage given

Post by Jerem » Dec 11th, 2017, 6:52 pm

Oh, someone notice that the damages popup isn't correct ! :o
In fact, the problem is that I draw only one by one earch damage given.
The damage popup will be fixed soon with the last damage popup of the kill :)
Master Arena project leader.

bass3kick

Post by bass3kick » Dec 14th, 2017, 12:52 am

This should be serverside option, including hitsounds. Its to much noob friendly knowing how much damage you have given to someone.

Take direction from PUBG or CSGO, add blood effect or something, knowing you have hit enemy. No hitsounds or damage indicators.

Jerem

Post by Jerem » Dec 14th, 2017, 8:38 pm

This should be autorised or not by server options :)

The first objective is that the game is not hostile to newcomers. By default, officials public servers will have hitmakers / damages popups etc...
But for the competitive match, the configuration will be different.
Master Arena project leader.

jackycola

Post by jackycola » Dec 15th, 2017, 2:02 pm

bass3kick wrote:
Dec 14th, 2017, 12:52 am
This should be serverside option, including hitsounds. Its to much noob friendly knowing how much damage you have given to someone.

Take direction from PUBG or CSGO, add blood effect or something, knowing you have hit enemy. No hitsounds or damage indicators.
i would agree on visual blood or other effect and maybe animations. simply hitting a target with no visible effect is not very satisfying even when you get a number above it. you could maybe flash the entire model in a color based on how strong the hit was. you know like when you shoot a shileded spaceship and the entire shield flickers on impact lol.

and gibs for instagib. if you dont like gore then make them robotic stuff or whatever, but pls its called instagib and has no gibs WHY.